If the office bound, 9-5 lifestyle just doesn’t appeal to you and you don’t have the time nor the money to invest at least 3-5 years in an entirely new discipline, then why not look for something that is just as high-flying yet much more accessible? Our IPAF training course in Newcastle offers fully certified training for working with MEWPs (that’s Mobile Elevating Working Platforms, by the way).
Sound good? Then read on to find out more about the sort of career an IPAF Training qualification could lead to in Newcastle and beyond
- Working for a town or city council to set up floral and light displays for different seasons requires working at height training
- Building and renovation work requires working at height training, particularly when scaffolding is involved
- Fire engines often have cherry pickers which are required for tackling fires in high-rise apartment blocks and buildings
- Inner City window cleaning or glass installation and repairs require a MEWP
- Railway maintenance and upkeep involves working on tracks and the overhead lines – which can be dangerous, often requiring the help of a MEWP
- Want to install satellites, solar panels and other technological or communication-related devices? Then you will need working at height training
- Shop refits and general maintenance will require MEWPs for reaching high into the rafters of shops, supermarkets and more
- Some retail staff in warehouses require working at height training for stockroom management, as well as on the shop floor
- Lighting engineers will need working at height training to ensure they are safe, especially as they often work in the dark
- Media and filming crews are often required to film from unusual positions, with the help of a MEWP
- Tree surgeons and some landscape gardeners require MEWP training to ensure they stay safe while at work
What Can You Expect?
Our IPAF Training Course in Newcastle will take you through the entire process of using a MEWP – from the pre-inspection through to the operation and situation assessment. Alongside this, delegates will be trained on health and safety requirements, the hazards of working at height and the emergency procedures. Tests will be issued on the day, and upon successful completion, a PAL training card will be awarded.
For more information or to book your place on a course, please visit our website or contact us on 0191 442 1989.